A tourist was injured when he jumped from the second floor after a fire broke out at a well-known restaurant located off McCausland Crescent in Umhlanga Rocks, Durban on Friday night. According to reports, a 33-year-old man sustained moderate injuries after jumping from a balcony in panic.
Netcare 911 told IOL news that reports from the scene indicate that a gas leak as well as a fire sprinkler system resulted in pandemonium at the eatery. The injured tourist was treated on the scene and was transported to a hospital for further treatment. The circumstances leading up to the gas leak is currently under further investigation by Durban police.